Mango Jam Honolulu
A taste of island culture…
Friday, July 14,, 4:30 pm – 10 pm
Saturday, July 15, 10 am – 10 pm
Frank F. Fasi Civic Center at Honolulu Hale
- Farmers’ market & arts & crafts booths
- Mango Lounge Beer garden with mango-inspired drinks
- Food booths with mango-inspired dishes & beverages
- FREE ADMISSION & PARKING
- Fun for the whole family!
- Live entertainment with local celebrity musicians & cultural performances
- Craft booths & demonstrations
Announcing Kona, Oʻahu Board & Stone Workshops
Aloha mai kākou,
The Kamehameha Schools Kona, Oʻahu region, in collaboration with Hawaiian culture-based community education program Keiki O Ka ʻĀina, is excited to be hosting the first-ever Board & Stone Class at Hālau ‘Īnana.
The family-based cultural experience teaches the Hawaiian tradition of hand-carving a papa kuʻi ʻai (poi board) and a pōhaku kuʻi ʻai (stone poi pounder) with natural materials gathered from the land. The class is taught by Kumu Earl Kawa‘a, a Hawaiian resource specialist with KS and revered cultural practitioner from Molokaʻi who teaches time-proven methodologies of sustainability that have served Hawaiians for generations.
For more information, visit Keiki O Ka ‘Āina’s website, http://www.koka.org/ or register for one of the mandatory Ho’olauna (introduction) sessions via these links: